The 5 Best Ways to Boost Your Metabolism are great body-hacks that will turbocharge your metabolism and burn extra calories and reach your fitness goals.
Why would I want to do that? Well, have you ever had a friend that could eat whatever she wanted and never gained weight? She may spend all of her time in the gym, but the odds are good that she has a fast metabolism. Your metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories for all aspects of life. It includes the energy required to keep all your body functions going at rest, day to day activities, exercise, and digestion of food. In general, your basal metabolic rate (BMI) is hereditary. However, I will provide you with a few body-hacking tips that will help to increase yours.
1. Eat Every Few Hours – eating multiple small meals is an easy way to keep your metabolism going. You force the body to expend energy in the process of digestion. Many studies have found that skipping meals causes your metabolism to slow down. Those same studies show that “meal skippers” have decreased lean mass and an increase in body fat.
2. Eat Protein at Each Meal – The Thermic Effect of Food is the energy required for digestion and absorption. Protein has the highest thermic effect. We consume 20-30% of the calories from protein to convert them to a useable form of energy. On the other hand, Carbohydrates come digestion consumes 10% of its calories, and Fats burn between 0 and 3%. Your best bet is to eat frequent balanced meals with proteins and carbs.
3. Eat Spicy Foods – Eating spicy foods is a neat “body hack” that temporarily increases your body temperature. Your body reacts in an attempt to regulate your temperature (that’s why many people sweat when eating spicy foods). The whole process burns more calories.
4. Eat Plenty of Fiber – There are several benefits to consuming at least 30 grams of fiber each day. It helps lower blood pressure, improves your body’s response to insulin, helps you lose weight, and improves your regularity and digestion. Fiber is indigestible. However, your body still tries to metabolize it. This process also burns additional calories and boost your metabolism.
5. Reduce or Avoid Processed Carbs – Generally speaking, processed carbs are easy to digest and contain relatively few beneficial vitamins and minerals. Therefore they don’t contribute significantly to the thermic effect of digestion. My recommendation is to replace processed carbs with lean protein and high fiber alternatives.
If you combine these 5 Tips for Hacking Your Body and Boosting Your Metabolism, you will be well on your way to a healthier and leaner you. If you need some assistance to reach your weight loss and fitness goals, I am happy to help. You can contact me by email at Tatiana@BikiniPrepCoach.com.